Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition”
Below are my top ten authors who deserve more recognition, in no particular order.
1. Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant: Author of the October Daye series, InCryptid series, and Newsflesh Trilogy. This lady writes great books and she writes a lot of them. I am so glad I started reading her books and wish she was more recognized.
2. A.S. King: She has written books such as The Dust of 100 Dogs, Everybody Sees the Ants, Ask the Passengers, and Please Ignore Vera Dietz. Her books are thoughtful, surprising, and quirky and I wish they were more popular.
3. Elizabeth Hand: She has written a number of books and I have been reading books by her for 15+ years. All of them are stunning and I love how ambiguous, creative, and fascinating they are. Yet, I hardly ever run into anyone who has read books by her.
4. Catherynne Valente: This woman has the most beautiful writing style ever. She comes up with the best imagery and the most creative settings. This is high literature and fantasy blended together at its best. Everyone should read at least one of her books.
5. Kevin Hearne: A relatively new writer of the Iron Druid Chronicles series. I love this series it is hilarious, heartfelt, and all around wonderful urban fantasy. It’s something I think just about everyone would enjoy.
6. Cassandra Rose Clarke: Another relatively new writer who has written the YA series The Assassin’s Curse and the adult book The Mad Scientist’s Daughter. Every book I have read by her is stunning and her ability to write two completely different styles of book yet have them both be wonderful is impressive.
7. Joseph Delaney: This guy writes a wonderful (and lengthy) series called The Last Apprentice. It is a wonderful middle grade horror/historical fantasy. I don’t understand why it’s not more popular and why more people aren’t reading it. It’s creative and interesting and I love it.
8. Ilona Andrews: This husband and wife writing team create excellent urban fantasy books. I have yet to read a series or book by them I didn’t like. They are currently working on The Edge and the Kate Daniels series.
9. Kazu Kibuishi: Creator of the absolutely stunning Amulet graphic novel series. I wish that this author got more recognition and sales. His artwork is fabulous and his fantasy story complex and intriguing.
10. Michael J. Sullivan: Creator of the Riyria Revelations and the soon releasing Riyria Chronicles this guys does sword and sorcery fantasy really well. He pretty much brought that genre back to life for me. The books are incredibly fun to read and very well done as well. He has strong male and female characters and I wish he got more recognition.