Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign”
You can see my “Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign” below, in no particular order.
1. The covers for this whole series have been pretty bad, especially the more recent ones.
2. This is a fun series about a woman vampire hunter. I am not sure why the main hero needs his shirt off to hunt vampires, but the whole thing screams torrid romance, which is not really what the story is about.
3. This is a bad and boring cover for a controversial and passionate story of survival.
4. I don’t like how Sydney is posed on this one…totally not like her at all. She looks like a real bitch here, not edgy…just mean.
5. Why is this a giant picture of two people kissing? This is about Wilhem and his travels around the world as he struggles to find the mysterious girl Lulu he spent a day with. This cover screams bad romance to me, not YA novel that explores travel and coming of age
6. Awesome steampunk story and very well written. Horrible, horrible cover…almost in a creepy way.
7. This cover is just so boring. It doesn’t tell me this is a paranormal novel and doesn’t make me want to read the story.
8. This one is a lot like the above. Boring, uninteresting, and I have no idea why I would want to read this book. Too bad that this is an interesting series, because it sure doesn’t look like one based on the cover.
9. This is similar to When Twilight Burns. Why is there a hot nearly naked dude on the front of my steampunk book? Where is the main character of the story Yasmeen? Ugh, do you really think I want to explain to people that “no really this isn’t a sordid romance full of man candy, it’s a well done steampunk novel.” Please.
10. The previous covers in this series were awesome. What happened here? Again screams bad romance… This is another one I was embarrassed to drag around with me and got stuck explaning….yeah that’s Poppy she really is a bad ass magic user and that’s her husband. No, I don’t know why they are posed like that on the cover…