Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Things I am Thankful For”
You can see my “Top Ten Things I am Thankful For” below, in order of most to least.
1. My husband: Life would not work without him and this has gotten more true now that we have a kid. He puts up with my strangeness and we have so much fun together.
2. My parents: They are always there and always helpful. They have always been a constant in my life and always looking out for what is best for me and my family.
3. My son: He is one funny little kid and adds a lot of fun to the household. He also reminds about how interesting the world is and how much there is to learn.
4. My friends: They are a truly unique bunch of people who understand all my geeky jokes and remain flexible with our hockey/karate/etc saturated schedule. Love you guys!
5. My job: It is interesting, my co-workers are great, I get paid well, and I have great benefits. They are even flexible enough to let me go part-time so I can spend more time volunteering at my son’s school. They encourage me and support the science encouragement volunteering I love to do at schools. Really I know I complain about work sometimes…but I do have a pretty great job.
6. MN State Parks: We spend a lot of time here every year. I love the MN state park system. They have an excellent (okay it has some quirks) reservation system and the people running the parks and campsites really love what they do.
7. My phone: I know I shouldn’t have this on here but I am incredibly thankful for my Galaxy Note 2. It makes my life so much easier. I can listen to audiobooks on it, read books on it, play games on it, keep track of daily events, manage my calendar, track the quickest way home from work through the traffic infested Twin Cities, navigate to unknown locations on it, take excellent pictures on it, do searches by voice, write emails by voice and even identify stars in the night sky. It has made travel and life so much easier and so much more efficient.
8. Books: All types and sizes. These make up a big part of my life. I can learn from them, escape through them, and expand my creative thought process. I love books, love love love them!
9. My Bike: I ride my bike everywhere and love it. We ride many places, with friends, by myself. It’s great exercise and I love the wooshwooshing as you go over roads and the wind against my face and the fact that I see more than I would if I were driving through the same area.
10. My Pets: My dog and cats are funny, loving, and in general highly amusing. I love having them around!