Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013”
You can see my “Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013” below in no particular order. I linked to the authors on Goodreads, so click on their name to go there.
1. Sherry Thomas: She wrote The Burning Sky which is a young adult fantasy that I absolutely loved.
2. Kathleen Duey: She wrote A Resurrection of Magic series which I read this year and loved; again this is young adult fantasy.
3. A.C. Gaughen: She wrote Scarlet, a wonderful young adult fantasy retelling of Robin Hood.
4. NK Jemisin: I finally read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and loved it. I plan on reading many more Jemisin books in the future.
5. Emma Jane Halloway: She is writing a wonderful steampunk young adult series called The Baskerville Affair. It is an absolutely wonderful series that I have really been enjoying.
6. Elizabeth Wein: I finally read Code Name Verity and then immediately read Rose Under Fire, these are fantastic books by a fantastic author.
7. Kalayna Price: She writes the Grave Witch urban fantasy series. This is one of the best urban fantasy series I am reading right now and I wish I had started reading it sooner!
8. Kasie West: She wrote Pivot Point, that book just blew me away. I can’t wait to see what she writes next!
9. Liesel Schwarz: Liesel writes the Chronicles of Light and Shadow series which is a steampunk series with a bit of an urban fantasy feel to it. Incredibly fun reads and a very creative world, I am really looking to reading more of this series in the future.
10. Megan Shepherd: Megan wrote the Madman’s Daughter, a retelling of The Island of Dr. Moreau. I really really enjoyed this book and am eager to read Her Dark Curiosity.