I am joining the Fairy Tales Retold reading challenge hosted by Debz Bookshelf.
Here are the details:
- The challenge starts on January 1st 2014, and ends December 31st 2014
- The goal of the read-a-thon is to read as many fairy tale retellings as possible.
- There will be six different levels to aim for in this challenge:
- Poor Cobbler: 1-3 books
- Devilish Wolf: 4-6 books
- Lady in Waiting: 7-9 books
- Mountain Troll: 10-12 books
- Evil Enchantress: 13-15 books
- Monstrous Dragon: 16+ books
- This challenge is only for Young Adult and Middle Grade retellings. No adult or children’s books count towards this challenge.
- Because of confusion in the past, this year only straight retellings of fairy tales will count. No fairy tale-ish books, and no mythological or classic retellings.
- Single novellas do not count towards this challenge, however a compilation of novellas or short stories can count towards this challenge.
- Have fun and spread the word!
I am going for Mountain Troll level but would love to make it to Monstrous Dragon!
My books will be listed below as I read them:
1. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
2. Cress (Lunar Chronicles, Book 3) by Marissa Meyer
3. Grim by Ellen Hopkins , Julie Kagawa , Amanda Hocking , Claudia Gray , Rachel Hawkins, Christine Johnson
4. Stiltskin by Andrew Buckley
5. Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee
6. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
7. Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
8. Thorn Jack (Night and Nothing, Book 1) by Katherine Harbour
9. Indexing by Seanan McGuire
10. Poisoned Apples: Poems for You, My Pretty by Christine Heppermann
11. Mirrors and Magic (The Clockwork Republic, Book 3) by Katina French
12. Briar Rose by Jana Oliver
13. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
14. While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell
15. The Rose and the Beast by Francesca Lia Block
16. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
17. Hansel and Gretel by Neil Gaiman and Lorenzo Mattotti