Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In OR (since some of you might not read stuff with different worlds) Top Ten Characters I’d NEVER Want To Trade Places With”
You can see my “Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In OR Top Ten Characters I’d NEVER Want To Trade Places With” below, in no particular order.
1. Tris from the Divergent series. For spoiler reasons.
2. Sandman Slim from the Sandman Slim series. This dude gets his butt kicked many times and ends up ruling over Hell…which isn’t pleasant. I love reading these books….I would never ever want to be Sandman Slim.
3. Ex-Heroes series by Peter Cline. Again I love reading these I would never want to live in them…because I would most likely be a zombie…you know since I don’t have super powers and all that.
4. Jessie Shimmer from Lucy Snyder’s urban fantasy series. This woman is used and abused like you wouldn’t believe and just generally has a rough time of it. These are ultra-violent and disturbing books that I enjoy reading. However I would never ever in a million years want to be Jessie Shimmer.
5. Queenie from Code Name Verity. Yep, there is no way I ever want to be in Queenie’s position. Me and torture…yeah not a good match.
6. Alex from Ilsa Bick’s Ashes trilogy. The things this girl sees and has to do, I would never ever want to be her.
7. Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young; I would never want to live in this world. Seriously a world devoid of water and turned into dust. People fighting each other for survival and entertainment…nope sorry not for me.
8. Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Nope I don’t want to live in this world either. I guess I am just not big in living in post-apocalyptic type settings.
9. Luce from Lost Voices by Sarah Porter: This poor girl is so abused and then finds out she’s supposed to lure men to their deaths. No thank you.
10. Liga from Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan. Wow, does this poor heroine have a rough time of it. Rape and abuse run rampant in her life. Does she get a break, does she get her happy ending? Well I wouldn’t ever want to be her…soo….