Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Blogging Confessions”
You can see my “Top Ten Blogging Confessions” below, in no particular order.
1. I commit to read and review more books than I can handle. I just in general have more books in the house than I can ever probably read. But I am ever hopeful that somehow I will read them all.
2. I sometimes spend way too much time looking at my stats on Google Analytics. They never really change all that much so why do I bother?
3. I have been known to neglect my family or housework in order to write reviews or post on my blog.
4. I ignore all indie-author requests for review. I have have a couple bad experiences with indie-authors whose books I did not enjoy threatening me and arguing with me about my opinion. I don’t like conflict and it’s really not worth the effort; blogging it something I do for fun…. Now I work many with publishers and through review sites (such as edelweiss, amazon vine, or netgalley).
5. We have a Verizon hotspot just so that I can blog while camping in remote areas where my t-mobile cell gets poor signal, yes I do blog while camping.
6. I sometimes read other people’s reviews before writing my own to help organize my thoughts. There are just some books I finish and need to discuss/review other people’s thoughts/let percolate before I can write a review.
7. I write my book reviews in large groups and then schedule the posts overtime. So I will sit down and write six or seven book reviews and then schedule them to post over the next week.
8. I am horrible with names from stories and real-life. I almost always have to look up characters names when writing a review…even if I just finished reading the book a few minutes ago.
9. I am obsessed with audiobooks. I listen to them in the car, when I bike, when I do laundry.
10. I have a lot of trouble writing reviews for books that I either absolutely love (but can’t figure out exactly why) or absolutely hate (and don’t want to spend another second thinking about). I will put these off as long as possible. For some reason it’s much easier to review books that I kind of liked or am somewhat ambivalent about.