Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks top 10 are “Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books”
You can see my “Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books” below, grouped by like/dislike. Click on the book cover to go to Goodreads to read more about the book.
1. I love when characters have great chemistry and you are desperately pulling for them to end up together.
2. I love when characters develop a relationship over time that is founded on respect and friendship for each other.
3. I love when the two characters falling in love are better together than they are apart, basically that they enhance each others’ personalities
4. I love it when the romance focuses on two characters and not on multiple character vying for the same person.
5. I hate it when the story/world-building is sacrificed in a romance; basically the story is just vehicle to get you from one sex scene to the next.
6. I hate insta-love, it just doesn’t happen and makes for a completely unbelievable story.
7. I hate it when all the females in a romance are drop dead beautiful and all the males are described as alpha muscled studs.
8. I am not a fan of uber-alpha males.
9. I am not a fan of love triangles.
10. I am not a fan of when males are portrayed as super experienced lovers and that is okay, but the female needs to be a really inexperienced damsel in distress in order for her to have worth.